- Cell phone use: High exposure of our facial skin to our phones increase our exposure to bacteria, dust and other grimy element that can lead to breakouts in our skin. Ensure that you clean your phone screen with antibacterial wipes.
- Over exfoliating: Gentle exfoliation is the best thing that you can do to your skin. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin surface which helps to get rid of the dull, dry skin and will reveal a youthful and fresh looking skin. But when over exfoliating happens it can have adverse affect on your skin. Too much exfoliating or harsh cleansing can worsen breakouts and exacerbate oil production.
- Hairspray and other hair care products: We know you don’t apply hair products to your face, but the residue can end up there. Next time you apply hairspray, cover your face with a clean towel to protect your skin. Also, use a sweatband when you hit the gym to keep the products from dripping down when you begin to sweat.
- Always do a patch test before using any product: It is important to do a skin patch test for all DIYs and new products. It is easy to see a new “It product” and be eager to jump on that train, however always be conscious of your skin type and know that what works for others might cause damage to your skin or just not work for you. A fast way of knowing this is through a skin patch test where you check for reactions and other adverse effects on your skin, before you use it fully on your skin.
- Always use a sunscreen: You need to use sunscreen daily before going out in the sun. It is very essential to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays of sun. Prolonged sun exposure without the protection of a good quality sunscreen lotion can cause serious skin damage. It is advisable to apply a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 before going out. At the same time wear well covered clothes and carry an umbrella to provide maximum protection to your skin.
If you want your skin to look radiant, glowing and young, avoid these common bad skin habits. Also follow a good skin care regimen daily without any fail.
What are other habits you think may affect the skincare unknowingly? let us know in the comments below!